Tuesday, September 4, 2007

HOW

How do I hold my head high
when I want to weep
how do I sit on the stairs and listen to our two year old cry
when he doesn’t want to sleep

How do I not feel alone
when everyone else is part of a pair
how do I pull myself out of a slump when I want to
but feel only despair

How do I watch our baby start kindergarden
with only me at the door
how do I be satisfied
and not want more

How do I move forward
and try to enjoy each day
how do I know what to do for our kids
and what to say

We didn’t choose this
nobody would
life shouldn’t be this hard for our babies
I know you’d change it if you could

I miss you I love you and I feel so alone
I wish I had you to share it with Mark
I wish you could come home.

3 comments:

  1. Keep strong Les. I wish I was closer so that I could give you a big hug right now. I'm thinking of you, Audrey and Noah.
    Love always,
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie
    That was beautiful. You are an amazing writer! Stay Strong, you are an awesome person and mother!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart. Be strong... you have made it this far. Keep going.

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete